Position: Finance and Administration Manager
Duration: 12 month with renewal posibility
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Deadline: March 24, 2019
The Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) is an intergovernmental organization with diplomatic status that aims to enable and increase the adoption of renewable energy and energy efficiency practices in the Arab region. RCREEE teams with regional governments and global organizations to initiate and lead clean energy policy dialogues, strategies, technologies and capacity development in order to increase Arab states’ share of tomorrow’s energy.
For information on RCREEE and its activities, please click here
The Finance and Administration Manager (F&A) is expected to contribute to RCREEE financial sustainability by managing all financial and budgetary aspects of the organization to ensure maximized financial gains and minimized financial risks while applying financial controls and providing financial metrics to ensure better financial decisions across the projects, funds and departments in accordance with policies, laws and international standards. By nature, the F&A manager will lead all procurement and tendering procedures and service provider contracts.
S/he will also lead the administration function to ensure improved office infrastructure and workflow including business assets, record keeping, IT systems, and administering personnel benefits.
RCREEE F&A Manager is a member of the Leadership Team who plays a critical role in strategic decision-making and reports directly to the Executive Director. F&A Manager duties and responibilities include:
Strategic Financial Leadership
- Collaborate with the Executive Director on developing RCREEE financial strategic goals and objectives and representing the finance function with board members and partners.
- Produce financial management consultation to top management to improve budgetary oversight and overall financial planning
- Assist in development of funding opportunities and diversifying the sources of income
Funds and Project Finance Management
- Participate in negotiations of grant agreements and third party contracts and conduct a cost-benefit analysis of all costs including overhead and soft costs
- Prepare and maintain donor agreements, third party and consultancy contracts as per policies and donor requirement
- Oversee financial management of grant funds, third party projects and donor agreements including timely financial collection and disbursements
- Report to funders and relevant managers on monthly expenses and flagging any financial concerns
- Maintain financial records for each project in a manner that facilitates management reports
- Manage Membership fees requisition and collection from RCREEE member states
Budgeting, Financial and Risk Management
- Lead the development of annual budget in line with RCREEE policies and include quarterly forecasts of full year estimated results for ED approval
- Regularly analyze actual to budgeted costs of the whole organization in order to identify and correct variances as appropriate in accordance with international financial standards
- Manage all financial reporting deliverables and deadlines
- Coordinate internal and external audits and report to the ED
- Analyze financial data and present accurate monthly and annual financial management reports, to include detailed grant analysis, burn rates, etc
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial information and key metrics
- Provide financial inputs and insights to support proposal, HR activities and project management to ensure better financial planning
- Identify areas of financial operational improvement
- Forecast cash flow positions and ensure sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operations and use problem solving skills to resolve any complications
- Manage payroll and benefits administration and produce monthly payroll reports for all staff.
- Manage reimbursements for local and international consultants and short term experts
- Develop risk management policies and procedures to ensure that financial projects and organizational risks are minimized
- Identify, assess, monitor and mitigate all financial risks for RCREEE
- Responsible for all procurements and purchases for projects and for the organization
- Overview procurement processes as per regulations and support procurement committees as required for the collection of offers and evaluation of these offers from service providers
- Participate in tender evaluation committees and any other committee concerned with procurement decisions
- Prepare and maintain service provider contracts to ensure timely payments
- Manage the governance of RCREEE facilities including safety, security, maintenance and residence relations to maintain RCREEE image
- Oversee personnel legal procedures including income taxes, social insurance and residence permits
- Monitor inventory and overview procurement of office supplies
- Overview staff responsible for administration, planning and execution of IT functions including: analyzing organizational needs, recommending solutions, maintaining and enforcing technology and telecommunications processes, systems design, modifications or trouble shooting
- Any other administrative task requested by the management .
- Advanced degree in finance, business administration, accounting or relevant discipline.
- 15 years of relevant experience, five of which in a managerial position
- Experience in NGO Finance and Non-profit organizations
- Holder of a CPA or CFA or other relevant post graduate degree is a must
- Experience and Kowledge of IFRS is a must
- Fluency in Arabic and English Proficiency is a must
- Excellent knowledge of planning, budgeting, financial implementation and reporting processes in an international organization.
- Proven ability to resolve difficult situations, respond positively to change and propose alternative workable solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and explain budget and financial reports to non-financial managers.
- Strong management and organizational skills, as well as capacity to lead meetings, build relationships and negotiate with internal and external partners.
- Proven ability to multi-task across various planning and implementation processes within a stressful environment and across various groups with different partners.
- Ability to handle cultural sensitivities and work in a multi-cultured teams effectively
General Terms and Conditions
Location: The F&A Manager is required to work from RCREEE Cairo office on a full-time basis
Tenure of Appointment: The initial appointment will be for 12 Months including a 3 months’ probation period. Annual contract renewal is subject to performance and availability of funding.
Gender Mainstreaming: RCREEE is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
To apply please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Finance and Administration Manager” as a subject line:
- Detailed CV
- Cover letter highlighting relevant work experience
Deadline: March 24,2019
Emails without a subject line will be automatically discarded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.